BTW I checked out some of Kenny's playing on video. He's got a very nice blues tone, I usually don't dig that type of tones so much, but his is nicely clear and sufficiently roundish, not that biting usual Fenderish twang only, and with that kind of tone and playing it doesn't much matter if intonation is also a wee bit off/high at times, with some fretted notes sounding a bit too high...it just helps it stand out a little.

Old studio trick is to have a perfectly in-tune track, be it vocal or guitar, and tune it up just a touch, and either apply as a backing for the first track or just use it as is. Gives the track a nice boost and makes it sound 'above' the rest. Humans usually don't notice very easily slightly higher notes, they just perceive them brighter or having more impact if it's just right. Abba's ethereal dual female vocals for instance rely heavily on that trick, and they used to do it the hard way, having another tape machine run at a slightly faster speed for vocal playback. Must have been a biatch to sync it up :-) easy to do these days with autotune etc. I should try it on my vocals sometime.