So Friday Crash Pad played a benefit called SantaJam. A 3-night concert series @ 2 different venues collecting toys for kids in hospital over Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwaanza/Etc. We closed. Kid rhythm guitarist was going through some sort of domestic drama and showed up like 20 minutes before we went on. Then he broke TWO strings on his SG simultaneously and had to finish with one of my Teles. Loud as feck. Drummer had some monitor issues. Switched verses around a few times. Despite some adversity a pretty rocking show. They also held some raffles and gave that money to the bands, which was a surprise to me. Since our share split perfectly 3 ways I gave all the money to my mates, who hadn't had a paying gig in a year. Pics to follow.

Sunday morning played 2 songs in church. Due to a special Christmas presentation later in the day (evicting us from our usual spot in the choir loft in back), the band was up front in front of everyone. First song was a rocker and we really went for it. Actually got some good feedback after service, though I suspect there may be some negative fallout later as well. Here's a shot our bandleader took of my guitars up against the communion rail:

All day Sunday afternoon and evening Crashers were in the studio doing guitar/bass overdubs, and lead vocals on the six remaining songs for our 10-song release. All that's left is backing vox on those 6, then mixdown on 9, then off to mastering. Actually the one that's been final mixed may've already been sent off to mastering separately. You can hear that here:

http://soundcloud.com/brian-krashpad...12-04-11-final

Here's some shots of Friday's show, more in subsequent posts:

As always, all questions answered, and your comments, whether on my poseritude or otherwise, eagerly solicited.