Thread: Mobile Tones...

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Derek,

This is great! I do a lot of recording in my home studio but I've not made the leap to my mobile device yet to see how good these tools are for recording from a tablet or smartphone. I need to get into this though, since I do travel a lot for my day job and I often wish that I had some kind of recording setup that I could take on the road. Are you using an iPad or iPhone for your platform or some kind of Android phone/tablet? (I use both for my work so I could go with either one) I'm guessing that there is more for the iOS platform now since that seems to be the one with the best media apps.

Do you have any favorite midi controllers that you use playing synth parts or do you just use the touch screen?

Thanks,
    --Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Jim,

I use both, 4th gen ipod touch and 3rd gen ipod touch for all my mobile recording. I basically use JamUp for the guitars, nanostudio for drums and backing tracks, multitrack daw to put it all together and mix. I just bought sampletank, so we'll see how that comes into play! I don't use any midi controllers...just the touch screen...less equipment to drag around. Get back to me if you need any help!