Thread: Mobile Tones...

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Derek,

Do you have a multitrack DAW on the iPod, or are you using nanostudio for that part? I'm just wondering what you use to capture your tracks on the mobile device and do your overdubs.

I use Sonar X1 on my PC as my main DAW but it can take just about any kind of input format, so I could import tracks from most any other kind of DAW that would be available on the mobile device.

--Jim
    Electrics: Hamer Newport, Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AF86, Line6 Variax 700
    Acoustic Guitars: Taylor 514CE, Martin J40-M
    Dobro: Regal "Black Lightning Dobro"
    Mandolin: Morgan Monroe Mandolin
    Amps: Egnater Rebel 30, Vox AD120VTX, Roland Cube 60
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandid=301718

Post Thanks / Like

Jim
    I use nano studio, GarageBand mobile and sampletank to create the backing tracks and then import or export different parts to the various apps to create more...when done, I put the tracks into multitrack daw and mix...then record guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jpfeifer View Post
    Hi Derek,

Do you have a multitrack DAW on the iPod, or are you using nanostudio for that part? I'm just wondering what you use to capture your tracks on the mobile device and do your overdubs.

I use Sonar X1 on my PC as my main DAW but it can take just about any kind of input format, so I could import tracks from most any other kind of DAW that would be available on the mobile device.

--Jim
    Jim
    Yes, I have multitrack DAW on my ipod. I will create a track with sampletank or garageband mobile or nanostudio and either email it to myself or export to itunes. If I use the email route, I can open the mail, hold down the attached file and it will give me a list of apps to open the file with....multitrack is one of them. I also run 2 ipods with 2 interface connectors that allows me to use one app...multitrack...and record from another app on the other ipod into a track on the DAW app...it seems cumbersome at times...but my computer is on its last leg and I can only load up a few plugins and record a single track before it starts bugging out on me. This way I have no hiccups and can run a LOT of tracks at once. One other way that I've done some work is this. Load DAW in computer (cubase, reaper, etc.) and run out of your audio interface from computer into mobile interface on ipod/iphone/ipad...into multitrack DAW. Now I can record my computer generated tracks and record direct into my idevice....Then if I have to leave...I can mix, add effects, pan, master.....all mobile. Export to .wav or aac, or aiff with a number of different bitrates to choose from. Nice to have choices.