Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Warmoth partscaster

Thread: Warmoth partscaster

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warmoth partscaster

A few weeks back Sunvalleylaw started a thread about gear purchased on Black Friday sales. I got myself a strat style body from Warmoth. A few months earlier I had purchased a neck to replace the one on an old MIJ strat that had some really bad fret wear. A neck seemed like a more cost effective option than a re-fret. I went a little crazy and ordered something I didn't know if I would like. It was a one piece construction made of Goncalo Alves, a wood I had never heard of. It's a waxy wood and needs no sealer or finish coat. I got the fatback neck profile and it's a hefty chunk of wood indeed. Stainless steel frets, play like butter and not harsh sounding in the least, staggered Schaller locking tuners, and a teflon impregnated nut. It gave that old start a sustain it never had before.
    As it turned out the neck felt so awesome I kept thinking it needed a body of it's own. I got a chambered black korina body, gave it a Tru-Oil finish, and loaded it with Klein Epic '57 pickups, an RS vintage wiring kit, and a Callaham bridge. Man do I love the sound of this thing!

Last edited by otaypanky; February 2nd, 2012 at 12:32 AM.