Quote Originally Posted by Commodore 64 View Post
By this I mean any thing that gets played on classic rock stations (like nickelback, ). It just doesn't do anything for me.

When I had sirius I liked to listen to Deep Tracks, Little Steven's Garage, Hair Nation and BB Kings bluesville. Can't really find anything like that on regular radio so I just play stuff from my phone. Through a cassette adapter, because my car predates CD Players.
That first statement, limited as edited, I understand. I liked the other acts you mentioned, and do like some of the newer "rock" acts, such as newer PJ, Foo Fighters, etc. I also really like Little Steven's underground garages. What a great show! Fortunately, they play it around here on the regular radio. I notice a lot of newer stuff coming out with an 80's vibe. The Decemberists sound very much like mid 80's REM, particularly the Reckoning, Life's Rich Pageant period, and I hear some other "alternative" stuff that reminds me of Psych Furs, Tears for Fears, and etc.

I also am into more indie sounding stuff too. I like Wilco quite a bit, though they are almost not indie anymore, though i don't know what else you would call them. i can get into some of Spud's euro prog stuff, but that is more of a meal than I have attention for sometimes, unless I have a long car drive.