I just started using Reaper for my recording and so far I am extremely impressed.

I've been a ProTools user for the last 12 years or so. I've always had a like/hate relationship with PT. Its finicky, resource hungry and I feel poorly supported by its maker, but my PT rig was my first DAW and it's what I know best.
Well I just bought a new (FAST!) computer. My first 64-bit Win 7 machine so I knew I would have to upgrade from PT 7.4 to 10 which would cost me another $600. This fact prompted me to finally give Reaper a try as I've heard of many long time PT users migrating to Reaper who wind up loving it.

Without reading any documentation, I launched Reaper, layed down some keyboards, drums and a quick lead guitar test in about 10 minutes. It usually takes PT 5 minutes just to load! It's light resource-wise, handles tracks and plug-ins intelligently and has tons of features I'm just starting to learn about. I had FireFox up and I think Photoshop too and it hummed along without a hitch. PT works best on machine dedicated solely to its use and with nothing extraneous in memory. It's still a little early but I think I'm sold on Reaper. Especially since Reaper costs $60. On the honor system even! No ILok!

Any other ProTools refugees out there? Anyone else using Reaper? If so, what do you think?