Thread: Amp shopping, need advice

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

You've picked a good time to buy a tube amp. There are so many that sound great and have a variety of features that allow you to find your own custom tone.

What is your intended purpose? Are you going to gig with it? Loud jams with drummers and other musicians? Are you just going to play at home? These can factor in as to what we recommend to you.

You are going to find that they are very affordable and an 18-22 watt amp can be plenty loud. But, like I said, give us a little more to go on and you'll get some great responses.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman View Post
    You've picked a good time to buy a tube amp. There are so many that sound great and have a variety of features that allow you to find your own custom tone.

What is your intended purpose? Are you going to gig with it? Loud jams with drummers and other musicians? Are you just going to play at home? These can factor in as to what we recommend to you.

You are going to find that they are very affordable and an 18-22 watt amp can be plenty loud. But, like I said, give us a little more to go on and you'll get some great responses.
    I don't really plan on gigging that much and I'll occasionally jam with a few of my friends( all guitar players)I'll be playing at home most of the time so I'm guessing wattage will need to be 30 or less