Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Debut Gig

Thread: Debut Gig

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Debut Gig

Last night was the inaugural performance of a band I've been working with for a while. What a blast we had. We were very well received. Individually, each of us knew of flaws and flubs, but none of the others knew. Lots of noise was made by the crowd. My kids came, not expecting to be more than encouraging, and ended up very pleasantly surprised. We had a Jock from Chicago's biggest rock station (XRT) in attendance....stayed for the whole set, and said he was diggin' it. They do a local music program on Thursdays that we're hoping to get some exposure on. EP to be finished Tuesday. I'll share some sounds then.

Meantime, here's a link to a folder of photos taken by friend of the band. despite the lack of focus....it grasps the energy of the event pretty well. There's a bit of Heritage content in the last few frames..... Enjoy. Like our page if you haven't already! We're on facebook as Celebrity Hostages

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9011449&type=3

My rig. only play a bit of rhythm in this band. mostly just vocals. Note, 2 DuhVooDooMan pedals on the board, one being the Klone, which is now completely the basis of the sound. Playing clean, with a bit of verb, and a whole lot of boost from the klone, just a hint of drive....sounds fantastic with this band.

Last edited by kidsmoke; May 29th, 2012 at 10:15 PM.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan