I haven't had a Fender strat in years now, and I figured it was about time. I wanted to get a "bluesy sounding" Fender strat.

I tested several American ones, and many were quite okay. Then the store said "hey it's closing time", and I had just picked up the last guitar, a Road Worn Players Strat. It's Mexican-made, and I didn't expect I'd like it, but whoa, I did!

It has Texas Special pickups, and a vintage style tremolo. It sounds awesome! Just as good to my ears as the Am strats.

Best of all, it feels so nice to play. I just love the neck, and the feel of the guitar. This was the deal breaker. I had to get it, and the store guy had to stay late because of me ...(evil grin + ).

Now it needs new strings and some tweaks, and I'll be ready for some SRV tones.

Before I played it, I thought it was silly to pay extra for a Mexican strat that has been "aged". Maybe it is silly, I don't know. I do I know love the feel of it though!

To me, this neck is nearly perfect. Because the maple neck and fretboard doesn't have that typical lacquer coating, it's so smooth and easy to move around on. The fret size is medium jumbo, and suits my style of playing well.

A guitar needs to feel "right" for me to want to play it. This one does. As for the look - whatever. I think looks cool, but that is still quite irrelevant to me. It's all about the feel for me (and sound of course).

Specs:

Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
Number of Frets: 21
Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
Neck Material: Maple
Neck Finish: Distressed Urethane
Nut Width: 1.650” (42 mm)
Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Hex Adjustment