This is my first Gretsch, first gold top and first Bigsby guitar. I really liked the beautiful black version, being a George Harrison fan and all, but I have 3 black guitars already. The Black Top FilterTrons dish out all the classic Gretsch tone you'd expect. This new Pro Jet sounds much better than the previous version with the not so great pickups. The build, fit, and finish are all spot on with no quality issues. I like the 12" radius fretboard with medium jumbo frets. The neck profile is a little rounder than my Reverend's, but not too thick or thin.

The neck is a bit too glossy for my taste, and the screw-on strap buttons won't work with my strap lock equipped straps (they screw onto studs sticking out of the body). I wish the head stock had some binding, but the upgraded pickups are a nice trade off. Only a few strings needed slight intonation adjustments, and the action is medium low from the factory. I may replace the bridge with a Tru-Arc.

It sounds wonderful clean, allowing for twangy country to full jazzy chords. Crank up the amp gain or running through dirt pedals brings out the beast.

I might leave the pick guard off.