Even though I've had it for a couple of years or so, I really hadn't bonded with it. I always liked the way it felt ("huggy" body) and played, but I didn't seem to be able to find tones I liked with my Cube. But lately, I've been experimenting more with the Cube's different models and with more gain - and I've been liking what I'm getting more and more.

Also, finding yet another good use for old credit cards, I shimmed the neck to adjust the angle in order to get the saddle adjustment screws to not stick up so much. A piece of the credit card with a couple of holes drilled did the trick perfectly, lowering the action (before saddle adjustment) about 2/64"-3/64". So, after readjusting the saddles, most of those pesky adjustment screws are flush or slightly lower. Seems that bolt-on necks have some advantages over set necks.

After this latest tune-up, including a new set of strings, this very inexpensive (I have about 70 bucks in it after replacing the pots, switch and jack) little guitar is a real player.