Over the years I've owned it all, from Plexi's and Bassmans to JSX's and Mesa Triple Recs, and that has a way of spoiling you and turning you into a tube snob. I've used single pedals and multi-fx units, and while they all had some great usable effects, they were good for just that....fx only.

I wanted a bang-for-the buck practice amp that had some delay/reverb and could cover some tonal ground, and based on the overwhelmingly positive reviews of the Mustang I amp, I went and picked one up.

My new band is doing things a little differently, running Reaper as a live rig for recording and some fx, and trying to deliver a good bang without lugging so much equipment around like in past bands. I saw the Fender Mustang Floor when I was buying the Mustang I, so I bought it and figured I could just take it back if it sucked.

I certainly did not take it back. I have it hooked up with the stereo xlr outs into my Reaper rig, and then into the PA. This is NOT a Boss multi-fx unit. It doesn't have a million bells and whistles you won't use. I'd call it an amp modelling fx unit for the purist or just the guy who likes to keep it simple.

The mustang I is a great practice amp, and the Floor unit is all that and more. I hadn't seen anything about it on here yet, so i just thought I'd put my two cents in. Best amp sounds I've heard in a pedal, hands down.