I am having a clean out and decided to debate the future of two guitars that have just been sitting in the attic for 5 years. One of which is a Jackson Professional Dinky EX. This was my first serious guitar and over the years it been upgraded to have a full set of Dimarzio's (Tone Zone, HS-2 and Air Norton).

My dilemma is that I do not know what the value of it would be and suspect the pickups might well be worth more than the guitar.I also wired a Yamaha selector into it which does start like coil splits in the 'between' positions and it had a fantastic tone. As I got older I was less inclined to play and I don't want to see it wasted.

It has a few nicks here and there but is in very good condition with plenty of wear left on the frets. What are your thoughts? In the back of my mind I am thinking of part ex for a PRS Tremonti SE but have no idea how much value is in the part exchange market in the UK?

I will save the details of my other guitar for another post...don't cross the streams!