I'm with you there. I never wanted anything bad like this to happen. I've always wanted guys like Lance to be on the up and up. I'd hate to see any fallout affect the Live Strong cancer foundation or his kids. I remember Lance saying he'd rather be remembered for his cancer related work than his cycling career.

When I found out from some back channels (people who I'll decline from naming even though they no longer compete) about the wide spread doping on the then USPS Cycling Team, I didn't want to believe it. Later, I was just plain mad. It was still hard to accept, but occasional news stories confirmed a few things, especially the time their soigneurs were caught dumping spent vials and IV equipment in a dumpster.

As to the USADA, they have been a bad joke for years. A good pro racing friend, Jason Sager, missed a doping control right after an MTB race here in Texas. They wrote his name on a board on their trailer, which NO ONE saw. They did not request his name on the PA until much later, after he had left. A friend called him and he came right back, but they said it was too late. Then, they banned him for 6 months, but showed up at his home several times for unannounced tests, which he always passed. The guy is vegan! He'd never put anything in his body that wasn't WADA legal and organic.