Posted this on another forum I frequent but thought fellow Fretter's might enjoy as well.

Xaviere XV890HH from GuitarFetish. I've seen these guitars before but never thought it'd be a good deal given how cheap they are.

This one was made in Indonesia and came shipped in the black hardshell case in the pics. Total Price: $315.

Impressions - the finish is very nice. Haven't put it under a microscope but there are no glaring finish issues. The action out of the box is excellent. I loosed the locking nuts, tweaked the tuning, tightened 'em back up and played. The strings don't suck at all - SIT strings (??) and I think they're 10's to boot. 25.5" scale - fretboard is 12" so there's a little arch to the fretboard. Floyd Special looks great but I have yet to dive bomb it.

Pickups are good - neck sounds a bit muddy but the soloing on it sounds great. Bridge pickup is decent with good clarity and a nice humbucker tone. These are the GFS Crunchy PAT humbuckers. Given that this has a floyd, I'm going to be investing in some MAD distortion humbuckers - these aren't hot enough for seriously metal but I'll re-use them in another guitar for less metal-oriented music.

Fretboard looks fantastic and there are no flaws. The neck is closer to Jackson than an Ibanez. There is a nice volute at the neck/headstock for added strength. Headstock has a glossy finish, reverse and looks solid for sure.

I can't believe what can be had for $315 delivered these days. Fantastic deal - great piece of hardware and frankly I doubt will ever spend fat $$$ on a guitar again...the values out of these lower price instruments just gets better and better.

Pics or it didn't happen right??