Impressed by what I saw in Progrmr's thread about his new Xaviere XV-890HH, I went ahead and purchased the same guitar but in a H-S-S pickup configuration. Went with purple, which is my favorite color. Always wanted a purple gee-tar! Anyway, I just took delivery of the guitar this morning. I had it sent to my work address, since the delivery required a signature and that's hit or miss at home.

While I don't have anything to plug it into here, my first impression is one of total amazement for how they can sell a guitar like this for $239. The finish is flawless, including the full binding around body, neck and headstock. The controls have a good solid feel to them. The set-up on the guitar, including the FR, is right on the money--nice, low action with no apparent buzzing, spot-on (to my ear) intonation, and the guitar was almost perfectly in tune right out of the carton. A few tweaks of the FR fine tuners and it was ready to go. They even appear to have pre-stretched the strings, 'cuz I worked the trem pretty hard both sharp & flat a couple of times, and it stayed right in tune. The neck feels great--a little on the slim side but not excessively so, by any means. About the only thing that doesn't impress me much is the depth of the flame on the maple cap, but then again you don't expect a PRS "10 Top" on a $239 guitar.

Obviously I need to hear how it sounds through an amp and give it some respectable amount of playing time before I get too excited about it, but so far, I'm quite impressed.

Yeah, I know--"pics or it's an old, refinished Daisy Rock." These two from the GFS product page will have to do for now: