For the first time in my life I'm actually having trouble staying healthy for all my stress.

Work has gotten bad. There are a bunch of problems and they've cut some coworkers hours and are juggling mandatory unpaid furloughs. Luckily I haven't been touched yet, but it's difficult to deal with when you work with people who are dealing with this and not knowing if your ticket is about to come up.

Somehow, out of the blue, I was contacted by a very loose acquaintance from another board I moderate asking about my engineering background and whether I'd be interested in his company. I started that ball rolling and had my second interview on Tuesday. This opportunity is incredible for me, personally and professionally. The pay is great, the benefits are incredible and I'm closer to my wife's family which is something we really wanted since we're trying to start a family and the work is right up my alley. Interesting and challenging and in my field.

And this might get a bit personal, but my wife and I finally got pregnant after quite a while of trying. This made us so happy and after about 2 months we lost it. Seems to be common but this was a huge letdown, very upsetting and difficult to deal with. Then came the subsequent medical actions required to make sure she stayed healthy after.

If I get this job, I'm extremely nervous about how I will prepare and sell the house. We haven't finished rebuilding our lives after that disaster with the tree. My finances have not been prepared for a "spruce up" and a move, i'm freaking out about what I'd get for the house and how I'd deal with buying another 3 hours away.

And every email I get I'm freaking out that it's the company either making me an offer or turning me down.

Oh, my 93 year old grandfather went in for a surgery on Wednesday when they found an artery supplying blood to the brain was blocked. He made it out and is okay, but damn, I am not sure that I can handle anything else right now.

It actually kind of made me feel better typing this out. It's difficult to talk to my friends about a lot of this and my wife is still a bit affected by what happened this week. Thanks for letting me vent.