Played a nice Yamaha LSX6CA today. Medium Jumbo with Englemann Spruce solid top and laminate rosewood sides and back. Mahogany neck with rosewood strip like some strats. Awesome pickup/preamp section including two pickups, one under the saddle and another goose neck mic inside the body. It has a three band eq and two knobs to blend the pickups, plus a master volume and tuner. Ebony fretboard. 499. Salesman is a friend. Cream binding on the neck and headstock and nice body binding as well. Really nice guitar.

Have any of you heard of this Yamaha? It looks like I am getting a fairly good deal on it, considering the overall guitar, ebony board, and pickups/preamp, gold trim, and nice binding. It plays well and has a very beautiful full tone with a good deepness and very nice highs, played acoustically. I didn't even plug it in.

I put it on lay away and will pick it up as early as next Monday.

I gave my gold trim, blonde flame maple with spruce top, S6 anniv. Seagull to my son along with a nnice new black Snark headstock tuner and case. He enjoyed that gift. I delivered it to him in Harrisburg on Monday, a 100 mile trip, each way. He really likes the guitar and he is a talented trained muscian. He writes his own stuff and sings while he plays fairly complicated things. I'm glad I gave it to him and I'm looking forward to getting my new Yamaha. I will be getting rid of my white with blue pearl Oscar Schmidtt dread possibly. It is so cool looking and sounds so good that I may just keep it. I gave away some guitars and a nice old solid state Marshall thirty watt amp lately, and I think I have had my fill of giving stuff away. These kids these days just don't seem to appreciate things much.

As a result I am probably going to keep my collection of equipment. A lot of it is not expensive but almost all of the guitars and amps are special in some way and very cool. I play most of them and enjoy going to my music room and selecting a guitar from a nice variety..

How about the Yamaha LSX6CA? Anyone heard of it or its reputation?