Thread: NGD Larrivée RS2

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

They opened a SoCal plant sometime in the 90's and still do high end acoustic production in Vancouver. Family is split between the two locations and involved in guitar assembly on a daily basis. Jean his wife Wendy and his son Matthew in Oxnard, Son John in BC, I believe. It's a very cool company and they make great guitars. I'm really happy about this, got a GREAT deal on it.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tio Kimo View Post
    They opened a SoCal plant sometime in the 90's and still do high end acoustic production in Vancouver. Family is split between the two locations and involved in guitar assembly on a daily basis. Jean his wife Wendy and his son Matthew in Oxnard, Son John in BC, I believe. It's a very cool company and they make great guitars. I'm really happy about this, got a GREAT deal on it.

wrong....

I've been drinking the Larrivée kool-aid quite a bit lately, as you may imagine. Turns out they only make one model in Vancouver anymore, but by volume, it's a huge part of the pie. The L-03 series. That's their "entry" model, solid wood guitar. MSRP 1500+

All other acoustics and the burgeoning electric line is being made in Oxnard, CA.

as to the Jean's involvement in the mfg process....

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan