Thread: NGD Larrivée RS2

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

That's a really nice looking axe Tio! I love the finish on the neck in particular. Are the PIO tone caps standard? The vintage looking Klusons look really good on this guitar too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ch0jin View Post
    That's a really nice looking axe Tio! I love the finish on the neck in particular. Are the PIO tone caps standard? The vintage looking Klusons look really good on this guitar too.
    Thanks. I'm completely diggin' it, and that neck finish is no small part of that. Something that bothered me on my Idol in particular was the poly finish on the neck. It was sticky. plain and simple.I found occasional friction hindering movement. My nitro finished Heritage is better, but even there, I've debated taking a fine sandpaper to it. Heresy to some, but for me these are instruments. I want them as playable as possible.

The neck on this guitar is a wonderful light satin finish, just like on my acoustic, which is smooth and slippery as can be, and I'm finding the guitar to be the easiest electric I've played, and I think that's the main variable.

Yes, NOS PIO caps are standard on these guitars. NOS bumblebees in the RS-4, which is the flame maple capped and inlaid FB version of this guitar. Larrivée is not messing around with these.

I'm hoping to bring one more guitar into the fold as well, and my experience with this one is making me excited for it. A Les Paul 50's Tribute. These are satin finished and "faded" guitars, US made, and the version I've spoken for is pre-flood...has rosewood FB(not baked maple like the ones currently being blown out everywhere), 50's style wiring with orange drop capacitors(not the PCB electronics, like the ones currently being blown out everywhere) , and the satin fretboard, giving me two set neck, satin finished necks, one 25.5, and one 24.5. Also the LP has Gibson P90's in it, which are a pretty great pickup. As much as I love the Larrivée neck, I do wonder how much easier it would be to play if it were standard 24.5 scale, like my Heritage.

I put the new TonePros Klusons on my Heritage as well, and man, these are great tuners. Titanium sealed gears...they only LOOK like the original old Klusons.
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been" - Eliot

Guilars: '02 Heritage H-535 ASB; '04 Larrivée LV-03 w/Fishman Blend; '95 Washburn/Bourgeios D-55SW Cherokee
    Amphs: Boogie DC-2; DVM/BYOC Tweed Champlifier; Marshall AS50D
    Currently on Board: Ditto Looper; Boss TU-2; EB VP Jr; crybaby; DVM Spring Fever; DVM Mini Klone, Brena Effects Cali-Tremor tremolo; Strymon El Capistan