Amp build completed! See photos below. I finished the last of the wiring around noon on Saturday and fired it up for the first time with the usual deep breath & fingers crossed for a new amp build. I don't care how many amps you build, it's always a bit nerve-wracking throwing the power switch the first time, hoping that you didn't screw something up that might blow a transformer or precipitate some similar calamity. But no problem--it fired right up without drama. All was not exactly as it should be, though, as I found that the "bright" channel had no volume control and was permanently "dimed". Turned out to be an error in the wiring diagram that I probably should have noticed before soldering it in that way. In any case, the issue was quickly found & fixed.

The amp itself sounds great. As Keith mentions, if you're looking for clean overhead....keep looking. This amp gets dirty quickly--in a very good way--especially in the single-ended mode. Not surprisingly, given its Tweed heritage, it sounds particularly good with single-coil guitars. My Strats and Tele's sound great through it. To describe the amp's overdriven tone, the word that immediately comes to mind is "juicy". It's a mids-heavy tone with lots of harmonics, well suited for classic rock and (especially!) blues. But I've only had a chance to play through the amp for maybe 20 minutes at this point, so I'm still "tone farming". Because the two channels are connected to an extent through the amp's circuitry, the volume controls are interactive with each other and with the Tone control. Factor in the "Cut" control that Keith added and there are a lot of tonal possibilities to be explored. I expect it will keep me busy for awhile discovering the sounds I like best. BTW, I should mention that I built the amp absolutely "stock", no mods of any sort. We'll see how long that lasts....

The only operational issue I've run into thus far is that the Cut control causes a squeal past 3 o'clock or so. Not sure at this point if it's my build or something basic to the circuit's implementation. As more Tweed Royals are built, I expect this question will be answered. Not a big deal, since I haven't found the need to run the Cut control up that high anyway.

Here are the photos: