Gents....I know many of you are avid photographers. I enjoy photography. Not HIGHLY skilled, but I understand the science, and when time allows, would love to have a simple to use, quality tool.

Back in the day, I had a Pentax K1000 (didn't everyone?) and moved on to a Nikon N70. Then came digital, and my last camera purchase was a then progressive Panasonic DMC with a 10X optical Leica lens. it was a nice little camera with a terrible flash.

That is where things have remained for years, since you guys aided in my obsession with guitar and their various accessories. All my disposable income, and much of my NON disposable income has been dedicated to the pursuit of this gear.

Well, I can't take it anymore. Too often I'm trying to take a quality shot in a low light situation and the camera simply can't pull it off.

Since I've been out of the loop, I'm hoping I can mooch off of those who have kept up, and you can help me cut to the chase.

What would you say represents the best value in Digital SLR's today? interchangeable lenses, quality on board flash, relatively logical interface.

Fire away!