Thread: Deep doo-doo time for baby cobra

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Baby Cobra update: My wife wrote this and I copy/pasted it:

We head home to Philly tomorrow. Alessa is feeling good and is anxious to get home to her many pets. Leaving Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico is bittersweet. Alessa received another chance at having a normal life here. The hospital care is outstanding! The doctors, nurses, technicians, office staff, etc. are wonderful and kind. We leave here full of appreciation and gratitude.

Living in a hotel for over a month isn't necessarily ideal. However, this is a beautiful, clean, and very lovely hotel. The entire staff has been wonderful. They have been so kind and patient with us as we stumble our way through Spanish. They are so helpful and friendly in every way. We'll miss them.

Besides that, I could get used to someone coming in and putting fresh sheets on my bed, giving me fresh towels, cleaning the room and emptying the trash cans on a daily basis. What's not to like about that?! LOL! Plus, a wonderful breakfast buffet awaits us every day here!

We've even gotten to know the priest who says Mass at the hospital chapel and the nun who helps him. She picked Steve at the last two Masses to take up the collection...just like he does at home! They pick people who are at Mass to do the readings. Since we can't read Spanish, collecting money offerings is easy in any language! LOL!

However, the time has come for the adventure to end. I just want to click my heels together and say "There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good news indeed! I'm glad things are looking up for your daughter. She's due for some pain free living.

My Dad lives in Mexico and has received some pretty good medical care, as well as some pretty crappy care. It really depends on the hospital and doctors, and larger cities like Monterrey have the better.

Personally, most of the people I've met in Mexico have been admirable in character and quite happy. I'm glad you guys had such a pleasant time during an otherwise challenging trip.