Hey! Remember when we used to talk about Squier '51s all the time?

OK, now that my son has an acoustic, my mind goes back to modding my Squier '51. I like the '51's style enough that I'd like to work with it, but I'm not sure about the money I'd have to sink into it. Here's the things I'd like to do:

1) Replace the bridge with a Wilkinson WTBC
2) Replace the neck/tuners with something like this: http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/Show...ood=1&i=TN5089
3) Swap out the pups
4) Replace the volume pot with a concentric volume/tone

The problem is that when I total all of this up, I keep thinking that I could just get a Charvel Desolation LP-style instead.

The bridge sucks mainly because the screws for the saddle height won't stay in place. The Wilkinson is cheap. The only issue is that I'd have to drill new holes. The neck is because the neck on my Jackson has spoiled me. The Warmoth link above has a really nice neck with jumbo frets, compound radius, etc. I'd have to reverse the nut, but that's trivial. The main problem I have with the original pegs are the tuning ratio.

Pups could be pushed off. I just think that, compared to my Jackson's JB/Jazz combo, the '59s pickups sound wimpy. That and the volume pot thing could be held off.