Thread: NAD : Peavey Transtube Studio Pro 112

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cebreez View Post
    I have yet to play through any of the teal striped amps. Wonder if they are different from the vintage amps
    A lot of people say that the teal amps and the early Transtubes are pretty much identical for cleans. I've never played through a 1st series Transtube so can't say for sure. The Supersat (TM) circuit on the teals has its fans too. I've always been able to get decent tones out of them at jams and the like. I'd take a teal stripe over the current "big badge" versions for build quality, not to mention a real reverb tank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb View Post
    A lot of people say that the teal amps and the early Transtubes are pretty much identical for cleans. I've never played through a 1st series Transtube so can't say for sure. The Supersat (TM) circuit on the teals has its fans too. I've always been able to get decent tones out of them at jams and the like. I'd take a teal stripe over the current "big badge" versions for build quality, not to mention a real reverb tank.
    That was the first thing that surprise me about the Studio 112 was an actual reverb tank. The lead channel in the Pro is slightly unwielding. It will go from slight crunch to feedbacking mayhem quick. But the tone is pretty darn good. I don't know how the sensitive overdrive/gain would respond during recording session though as its name implies. I'm having a little trouble keeping it from feeding back in my large studio room where we practice. Crank back on the volume and you start losing some of that good tone.
    I have access to one of the vintage amps, black face, brushed aluminum knobs, and no stripes. But now I'm going to have to find a teal stripe one and compare. Should be able to find one at a music store around here somewhere.