Finished building me a studio!

Turned out great. Soundproofed and all...here's some pics:

Hard to tell from the pic but there's enough room behind the monitor&desk to walk in so the sound isn't spoiled by wall proximity, plus makes for easy switching of connections.

Have to get a new battery for the power outlets remote control, but I'll have remote controlled power so I can easily switch off monitors, amp etc. and also printers and main powers without reaching for switches at all.

The machine in the other room works great, I only needed a couple of USB cable extensions, normal monitor cables etc. were quite fast enough!

Happy camper in front of the greenscreen wall portion (for YouTube video making)

Dad also came to see how it turned out.

Note the funky mic stand boom I made out of an old desk lamp base.

Actually pretty much everything in the room I got used from thrift stores from little gadgets and supports like these and electric radiators, lots of sound panels for free, refurbished old desktop...everything recycled.

The most expensive single elements were probably the electric lines and switches etc...some 60 yards of electric cord went in. Overall I'd say the cost came to maybe $400-500 in total, including the new bookcase and LED lights from IKEA....and circa 3 days of hard work by me doing all the drilling and electrics installations, painting etc.

The boys realized it's a nice place to watch Netflix too :-)

This view shows the guitar playing area and the bass trap in the corner. Not excessive amounts of room but quite enough. I think I can just squeeze in a small electric drumkit still, and play in the room with up to 4 guys at once, although it will be rather intimate already.

Also visible the left side floodlight for video making. They have their own separate switches naturally.