Ah, I guess it had to happen at some point in time. After playing four-string basses for 30 years, I finally took the plunge for a fiver.

The new jazz/fusion group has some material that seems well-suited to those lower notes. And so I went off trying various fives including and MTD, a Yamaha, and the one that screamed "take me home!" - a new model G&L M2500. It has the "Godzilla on crack" punchy MFD pickups into a new proprietary G&L three-band preamp. Still trying to get used to the narrow string spacing though. And the heavier weight.

Without further ado - a pic!

The cherry whatever-it-is probably isn't my first color choice, but it sounds and plays so nice that I can live with it fine.

On a side note, the bass cab beneath the H&K is an Avatar TB153 with the king dog of all 15 bass woofers, the Eminence 3015 LF. The 3015 LF has about twice the x-max (movement back and forth, think suspension travel) of a regular 15. Since the 15 doesn't handle mids so much, it has a dedicated 6-inch mid-driver for that. It wallops with the fiver.