Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Squier Fat Strat HSS Walnut Stain

Thread: Squier Fat Strat HSS Walnut Stain

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    If I'm so freakin' smart, why did it take me all day & 20 questions to figure out what you had already correctly daignosed from his original description? Ah, well, I think we finally got to the bottom of the cause & how to fix it....
    Well, Spud does have one of these & he knows his strats so he already knew that it sounded like those pups were out of phase.

So Vood you are still smart cause you figured it out without listening to it.

You still didn't pay enough attention, but what's a little ADD between friends?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey! What about me? The newb, Im new at modding...dont know squat about 'lectronics...and with the right resources, I figured this out too! And heck, Im the one whos gotta fix it

Ive been thinkin...I think Im gonna wire the bucker correctly and then order a new switch and then swap the front and mid pups...or just wait and do it all at the same time.

I think its kinda cool, this problem and all...I bought this Strat cause alot of people are buying the 51 to mod...but this just seemed like a better platform for similar dough...I think its cool that I kinda gotta mod it right out of the box.

Also at first I liked the idea of the Tele style knobs...but now, sittin besides my tele...the knobs look lame and out of place. I mean a Strat without a pickguard, has a bridge bucker and a CBS headstock looks strange enough...but I think I need knobs that are distinctly Strat, yet slightly different...Im thinking maybe Muddy Waters (tele)knobs?

Or just normal black?

Anybody suggest a good site for gettin Fender small parts like switches and knobs and such?

Thanks yall for all the help and suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortBuSX
    Hey! What about me? The newb, Im new at modding...dont know squat about 'lectronics...and with the right resources, I figured this out too! And heck, Im the one whos gotta fix it
    You're smart too ShortBuSX.

There do you feel better now?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

i think the story is that muddy used knobs off of an amplifier because he wanted numbers for reference....

personally i would use the muddy knobs because the ones with "volume", "tone" & "tone" on them just scream strat....

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah