Just a few since the last time I hung out here.

2003 MIK Fender Esquire GT Custom. Single Duncan Invader with single volume knob.

Mahogany body set neck.

Next up is my cheapo Huntington Tele copy:

It needed stickers.

My Agile AL-3010SE Gold Top:

And last but not least is the McGuitar by Dean:

They're all fun to play, for different reasons. The Esquire has a scratchy pot that didn't improve much after a DeOxit treatment, so I plan on replacing it with a push/pull for coil splitting. My only other complaint is that I only have one of these. It is an outstanding player, the neck is slim and fast with super low action. The pickup is punchy and hot, but if you roll back the volume it cleans up nicely. Not as articulate as my usual vintage-ish alnico pickups that I prefer, but it's good to have some variety and it works well for most of the songs our band plays.

The Tele copy is actually a decent guitar. It was under $100, and after a setup, deglossing the neck and body, and removing a LOT of corrosion on the frets, it's not bad at all. It could really use a crown and level, but that's beyond my skill set at this time. It's fine for a beater, which is what I bought it for.

The Agile GT is a great guitar, nice action and tone for days. I swapped the stock A5 magnets in the P90s for unoriented A5 magnets, which are considered to be right between A2 and A5 tonewise. Unoriented refers to the metal grain in the magnet, not the polarity.

The Dean (I can't remember the actual model) is a hoot. I saw this on a Craig's List ad a while back, and called just after the guy sold it. It just so happens that the guy that bought it is a member of the Agile forum, and ended up not bonding with it. He also lives in the Portland area, so I got to meet up with him when I bought it. He's a super nice guy that has a band called Pandion. Great music. Look them up on Facebook, there should be some clips. The Dean has a single coil sized hum in the neck, and a full sized in the bridge position. Five-way switch for coil splitting on both, although you can't combine the single coils. I find that the neck pickup sounds great, but the bridge is a little sterile. I have a DD Detonator (import version of the Duncan Invader) that I plan to put in the bridge. I'm also thinking about swapping the ceramic magnet for an A6 or A5. Not quite sure about that yet, though.

I think that's all of the new guitars. I did sell one guitar, my Schecter Black Hawk. It's a fantastic player, but I just don't feel the love for it anymore. It's in good hands, though; I sold it to a friend that has been wanting to buy it from me for a few years now.

Questions? Comments? Fire away!