As some of you may have remembered, I have been struggling to find something that is a little bit more pro-grade which I use to describe the idea that I want real quality across the board. I've looked at RG's, considered some custom Carvin's and have been all over the map. My uncle told me that since I like Frusciante so much, I should check out the Road Worn series by Fender because they are really similar in tone and feel to the real old strats, which he has. He's got a 57 and maybe a 62, I can't remember.

So I tried it out and I couldn't put it down. I still can't put it down. I sit at work fantasizing about when I'm going to get to play it again. I can move effortlessly up and down the fretboard with the worn neck. I can play high on the neck without a problem (always a struggle for me on my Les Paul). The pickups are very distinctive, classic fender tone, but a lot of USEFUL variety across the switch which is something I just don't see on any of the other SSS guitars I've played (with the exception of when I started getting into the real strats). Every single setting is just full of just awesome tone, I just can't get over it.

I am playing a party with my old band this weekend and very excited to unveil it there. I am still getting used to the new fretboard so hopefully I don't do any stumbling on the strings, but hot damn this thing is a cool axe!

Nitro finish (which i'm scared of)
21 frets (was looking for 24 but I don't care now)
Tex-mex pickups (really freaking sweet)
Vintage 7.25" radius fretboard
C neck

I never thought I'd be a Fender guy, but like I said, I'm totally obsessed with this thing. I am going to lay my SX frankenstrat to rest until I am ready to frankenstein it even more. But honestly, after this neck, I feel like I'm ruined for other guitars.