Okay guys, I tried to make a recording and I hate it. Thing is, I can't seem to do better... this took me hours.

I play and sing in a band, and I sound way better than this all around. The guitar parts I did exactly what I wanted even though someone told me I missed a note. I don't care about that, my covers are never meant to be perfect, but I couldn't layer the solo correctly so it sounds like a jumbled mess. The vocals, this is recorded in my apartment and I couldn't use my diaphragm to project and sing loudly. As a result my voice is lighter than I wanted and kinda crappy. I hit the notes but I don't like the sound, sounds amateurish which I guess I am. I'm guessing there's probably nothing I can do about that while i'm in the apartment recording (unless there are voice tricks). And then the elephant in the room as you can see, my transitions are not good. Edit: note on the transitions, they're fine when I'm playing with a band. Here I broke up the parts and recorded them as different tracks. I couldn't figure out how to place them correctly to make the timing work out.

https://soundcloud.com/stiff-parrot/kryptonite

I used reaper to make this. I think most of those multi-track recording programs are all going to work the same. Does anyone have a good resource for tips and tricks using this type of software?

Looking for a lot of constructive criticism here. It took me so long to make this and i'm not even happy with it.

My setup was a USB mic hanging on my amp, crate vc50212. I was playing my Les Paul through my Boss ME-70 into the amp.