So a few weeks ago I bought a cheapie Squier Standard Strat. Rosewood board, big headstock, 2-point trem. Blonde w/tort guard and white pups/knobs, agathis body, alnico pickups. For a Benjamin, but also included a gigbag and a Kustom 12A hybrid practice amp.

I'd been Stratless for a year or so. Not a huge Strat fan, but I like to have at least one of that type in the stable for completeness's sake. A cheapie is fine to fill the bill.

Then a couple weeks later, another cheapie comes along. Missing trem arm, but with a strap. No bag/case. This'un's a Squier "Deluxe Stratocaster." They street for about $60 more ($300) than a Standard Squier. Basswood body, maple board, small headstock, Duncan Designed alnicos, 2-point trem, white pickguard/pups/knobs. Daphne blue.

So, I got the Deluxe as well, and will let 'em shoot it out. I like the smaller headstock and maple board of the Deluxe better. Not a fan of basswood, but agathis isn't a proper trad Strat body wood either, so that call is 50/50. Not a huge fan of Daphne Blue, but the Standard has a mismatched join that visually bugs me a bit (this has always been a pet peeve of mine). So I'm leaning towards the Deluxe from a visual perspective.

Here's the NGD grrl, Daphne:

Here's the Standard, Rosie:

What say you, fellow forumites? I'll probably sell one as is, and keep the gigbag and amp from the first deal, and the strap from the second.