Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
Yes, really nice guitar and SG in particular.

I'm sure that is real mahogany. Natural mahogany is a light blonde or dirty blonde color and is usually stained or tinted to give it the heritage cherry hue or whatever other color. The back on my new PRS SE Santana is natural mahogany and it is a rich blonde color, then there is a light blonde maple cap with a beautiful Santana yellow flamed maple veneer on the top. I should post a picture of it.

I know you are having fun with that SG. Don't let it fall over. You don't want to have to deal with that.
Thanks, Duffy!

Yep, she's a natural blonde! I used to work with custom carved mahogany doors and mantels, so I love the stuff. One type of mahogany was straighter grained and blonde while the other was more pink or mixed in color with a sometimes swirled grain. I get the Asian and Honduran mahogany mixed up now, so I don't remember which was which.

I keep my guitars in this stand, but will come up with a loop of some kind as a backup measure to keep them from falling. They are naturally tilted towards the wall, but nothing is completely safe outside of a hard case.