Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
Thanks, Duffy. The '57 pickups are copies of Seth Lover's design and spec's (but in the day they varied quite a bit). They create the exact humbucker tones and range I've been hunting. I'm in love with everything about this guitar. With a wide Brookwood Leather strap, it has no neck dive. I've been playing it mostly through the Egnater Tweaker 15 for the nice touch responsive feel. Best Christmas present ever!
Yeah, I agree, the wide straps work really good, especially with the rawhide side down toward your shirt. The padded smooth ones don't works so well. I like the '57s, no problem there. I also like the Gibson 490/498 because it has a lot of variety of tone, the neck being an alnico 2 and the bridge a hot'ish alnico 5. What I really like thru some fairly strong overdrive is the Dimarzio SuperDistortion I have in one of my LP's. That pickup really makes the distortion or overdrive sing.

I really like the SG's. I see they have some selling for as little as four hundred and something, brand new Gibsons. They seem to mostly have maple set necks, but that doesn't sound like a bad idea, especially if you have broken a mahogany neck before - dropping the guitar, getting it knocked over, etc.

Have fun with that and the Tweaker. It produces some decent gain if that is what you want.

Congratulations again on that beautiful guitar.