So, the temptation was too much.

This purchase was actually foreshadowed here, haha! In February of this year, Otaypanky posted a thread called "This looks like a heck of a deal ~" :

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.ph...heck-of-a-deal

At the end of the thread I noted:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad View Post
f I went for an LPJ I'd get the white, and then lose those pup covers. They look too much like EMG knockoffs for my liking.

Even more affordable is the SG version. Again, I'd lose the pup covers, and add a small guard.
Well, over at Muso's Friend, they took those SGJ guitars that everyone had been selling for $499 ($999 list) and then did a Gibson sale and knocked them down to $399, and others followed suit, even Amazon. So they were down to $399.

To date, I've managed to buy 2 new Gibsons (about a decade apart) for $499 each. But this was a HUNDRED DOLLARS LESS.

And then, today was/is Black Friday, and if you call MF and tell them "Black Friday," YOU GET ANOTHER 15% OFF.

OK, so I know it's a cheapie, but I just bought a USA GIBSON, for $339.32 USD, SHIPPED!

Should get here next week. Will post pics on arrival.

Meantime, here's a shot from another website:

I don't like the black covers, but I'll remove them or put white Bobbin Toppers on the black covers to make them look like open coils. And with a small guard it should look pretty bitchin'.