Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Lead us not into temptation...

Thread: Lead us not into temptation...

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lead us not into temptation...

...'cuz I'm not too good at resisting it! And that PRS-USA sale at GC was more than my meager willpower was able to withstand. I'm going to have to sell a couple of things to make room for it, but here are a couple of pix of the new PRS Studio 10 Top I just picked up during my lunch hour from my local GC. Actually bought it from the Wilmington, DE store and had them ship it up here to the Albany store for pickup. Swung by my house and dropped it off before going back to work. I've had all of 5 minutes playing it, but what a sweet feeling & sounding guitar! Not too bad looking, either! The last photo shows off the "10 Top" flame to best effect. The color is called charcoal burst.

I've admired the USA-made PRS guitars for a long time but was never willing to pay the price of admission. But with a 41% discount and another $100 off due to a small blemish on the top, this deal was too good for me to pass up. This Studio model, with the 5708 bridge humbucker and the "Narrowfield" pickups in the middle and neck positions, immediately grabbed my attention when it was introduced in 2011. All three pickups sound great, with the Narrowfields sounding like some kind of hybrid between a Strat single coil, a P90 and a humbucker. You even get a distinct "quack" character in the tones at the 2 and 4 positions of the 5-way switch. The neck feels wonderful--the guitar was instantly comfortable in my hands. Really looking forward to playing it some more this evening. Unfortunately, I'll be out of the house until about 9:30 PM. Boo!!

EDIT: Two more pics added 5/27:

Last edited by duhvoodooman; May 27th, 2014 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added more pics
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!