I think it's mostly that people tend to only have the time for a few forums to frequent, or only one.

For me, Facebook and social media don't affect my forum use much if any- I do follow a few fb groups and post there too, but it's completely different. I see FB mostly as a communication tool, not a place to chat and mingle.

For me, it's simply that another very lively forum has eaten up my time. It's a difficult thing to strike a great balance for what works and what doesn't.

I think the initial reasons I was looking for other forums than this were mostly that there was some issue about not being allowed to post a blog if you hadn't contributed or something - that was changed though I think, but the damage was done. I think I contributed even, but it just felt bad to pay to post stuff, especially when there weren't that many commentators on it.

Seems petty now, and I suppose it was a very minor thing back then too, but still enough to spark interest in checking out if there are other places.

Then another thing was, I think, a bit too strict rules to my taste. The other forum allowed more leeway in talking about subjects such as politics or religion and even allowed a little head-butting among members as long as it didn't get out of hand. I guess I just feel like if you can't talk about everything on your mind even if it's just a little, it feels like you're faking it, not being yourself and feels kinda like I felt when I was staying in the states - everything seems policed and watched and forbidden so there is no feeling of freedom, and that's an important feeling for me coming from a free country where I can walk on anybody's lands and not worry about being' trespassing' and hitch-hike and walk the highways without being looked at like a criminal and stopped by every policeman with questions and such.

Well later on the other forum also closed up the religion/politics threads but still overall they don't instantly jump on people having a little heated discussion or such.

I dunno, I sometimes even felt you can't be real friends with somebody before you've bloodied each other's noses at once at least, maybe that is exaggerating but nevertheless. There has to be a certain air of freedom in the air.

Not saying there isn't at the moment, I don't really know not frequently being here, but the other forum is really active and I've met many people there with whom I've recorded songs with, even currently finalizing an EP release with somebody I met there and we will continue making music, not just jams but proper releases even.

I would love to come here more often too though, but we'll see...got lots on my hands. I have one full album to make vocals and lyrics for this summer, another full album to mix and produce and sing, and b three EP's I'm getting ready to release as well. Plus collaboration videos. I should be working on them even while I write this...

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk