Passing the local pawnshop, saw a Danelectro U3 in the window. Having always been interested in these guitars, I went in to check it out. Low and behold, there was also a Fender Blues Junior there, which I've also been interested in as a 'most likely' all-tube amp for me. The Danelectro had some interesting sounds but nothing especially great, so I wanted to hear the amp with a guitar I'm more familiar with. So I plugged in a strat on hand - a Jimmy Vaughan - and...Ugh! Both guitar and amp sounded lousy. Just flabby and weak - I was kind of shocked. Tried a MIM strat next, which sounded better, but I couldn't really get a tone or sound that I liked out of the amp - I was so surprised! I had even gone to the bank first to get cash at least for the amp, I was so sure I was going to love it. So, to my surprise, I left empty handed. Maybe it's just that I am so familiar with the sound that I like from my Vox ad30 (which sounds much bigger and fuller to me than what I heard from the Blues Junior) it's hard to judge something different - but I have to say that I WAY prefer the sound of my Squier CV 50's strat to either of those that I played. I was especially surprised by the sound of the Jimmy Vaughan strat.