The Neanderthals who reject it will be left in the dust of antiquity. Unquote.

This may indeed be prophetic.

I have to admit that I originally thought it looked like a misplaced waffle iron and represented a transition from a great classic design to some more typical modern Gibson junk. Actual hands on experience has, like so many times before, changed my mind.

I just bought a Gibson LP Junior and planned to replace the auto tuners. They are going to be staying, at least for a while, probably until they break or longer. The new Gibson case that comes with the Junior is also very nice. I also dig the brass nut.

Those much criticized auto tuners have a 40:1 gear ratio; re-read - 40:1 gear ratio. That is an incredibly accurate tuning level of tuning precision. So for those like me that immediately dismissed the auto tuners without a second thought, it might be wise to give them a second look.

Robert, you might want to grab a Gibson LP Junior and do a demo. It is possible that you, too, will find this new technology to be surprisingly impressive.

heck out the new Gibson LP Junior if it is something that you had wanted to do before you noticed the, initially, unsightly "auto tuners". Like me you might find that you quickly start digging them after you waste a lot of time contemplating ways of replacing them with a nice set of classic style Grovers.

I very much dig this new LP Junior and appreciate it more than I thought I would. I think it will become one of my most favored guitars. It has great feel, a solid extra heavy feel (always nice with an LP), a great feel, and produces a very awesome sound. The neck is really nice as well and might be a surprise to more than a few.