OK - so following up on the 'surprise in the pawnshop' thread, I got to jonesing for that Dano... I had always had an attraction to them since I was a kid - the lipstick pups and all, plus the oddball looks.

[IMG][/IMG]

Anyway, while it's in great cosmetic shape, it needs some work - either a pickup or switch issue. It has a 6-position selector switch, with two of the positions dead - middle alone and middle +bridge. The bridge works alone, and the neck+middle works, but doesn't sound different than the neck alone. It also has a 'blow' switch which bypasses the selector and gives you all three pups at once - in SERIES. In fact, the guitar is wired with the pups in series however they are selected. I was trying to check the pups per Voods link in Marnolds recent post about a dead pup, but I had this thought/question: if one of the pups was bad, and since the pups are wired in series, would that mean that when you selected a position that included a dead pup, that you would not get anything out? If that is true, wouldn't that mean that if the guitar works when the 'blow' switch is on (which it does), that all the pups are good, and I can rule that out as a problem, and that it must be the switch? Thanks to all you electrical wizards for help with this.