OK, picked this up last night. Certainly from a "list price" standpoint, the nicest Strat I've owned.

Spaghetti logo, maple board, two-color burst, and vintage tuners indicates it's the "Fender Classic Series '50s Stratocaster." Though advertised on craigslist as simply a "Mexican Strat." And priced accordingly! TWO BENJAMINS EVEN! With Fender gigbag.

Of course, the Classic Series '50's model in fact "streets" for 60% _more_ (current street price is $800 USD new) than a more typical Mexi-made Fender Standard Strat. So this was a crazy good deal I could not pass up, despite that my Squier Strat Deluxe has been doing the job quite nicely for the last year or so. I'll be listing the Squier for sale presently, after I check to see what Strat Deluxes are going for.

This Classic Player '50's Strat was so cheap I'll recoup all but $50 of the purchase price when the Squier sells. (I love Gainesville!) A former bandmate from back in the day has already spoken for the Squier it's replacing. Didn't even have to list it on cl.