Back in early December, I found a good deal on an EBMM Bongo 4HH on CL and bought it while traveling, but due to not being sure if I could get it on the plane, I left it with a friend in the area where I bought it. Fast forward to now and in a couple of weeks I will be reunited due to a visit from some people local to the area of purchase. I am super jazzed about it.

I played it a bit in the hotel room when I was visiting the area previously and found the wide, thin neck to be an interesting change of pace. I typically play a pretty chunky P with flats, and this seems like it will be a very different experience. Pretty thin but wide neck, light gauge rounds, active EQ, ready for some more articulate playing. I have a bunch of riffs I have been trying to pound out on the P, and I'm excited to try them on a bass probably better suited for it.

So this is kind of a buzzkill to post about a bass that's not even here yet, but rest assured, pictures will be forthcoming. Here's a sneak preview (hint: it's actually blue, not black as it appears):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/okvwezi7w4...bongo.jpg?dl=0