I decided I wanted something with more clean low-end "punch" for use with our church praise band than the modified Blues Jr. I've been using, so started keeping an eye out for something on the local CL. Last Friday, a guy listed a dead-mint Hot Rod Deluxe Ltd. Edition in lacquered tweed with a Jensen P12N alnico speaker for a price I'd expect for a regular HRD in similarly stellar condition. Saw & played through the amp on Saturday and snapped it up. Granted, this is no high-end boutique amp, but they're reasonably priced, quite rugged, and the clean channel, which is probably the only one I'll use, sounds very, very good (yeah, I know what most people think of the Drive channel!). I'll poke around on the 'net and see what kind of mods might be worthwhile doing, but I'm pretty happy with the stock tone as it is, especially after changing out the Groove Tubes 6L6's (actually re-badged Sovtek 5881WTX tubes) for a set of great sounding SED Winged "C" 6L6's. Beautiful glassy highs and taut piano-like lows. Sucker is LOUD, though!

So anybody interested in a Blues Junior with pretty much every BillM mod done to it?

Some pics of the new-to-me HRD: