For sale is my 2003 Fender Blues Junior (standard black tolex model), which has had nearly every "BillM" mod done on it. As I began to transition from just building pedals into modifying & building amps, I used the popular Bill Machrone "BillM" mods as a learning experience. Consequently, I added many more modifications to this amp than really made economic sense--but it was enjoyable, educational, and the amp really does sound great.

For the last year and a half or so, it has been the amp I use with my church praise band--that translates to about 2 - 3 hrs. of modest volume operation per week. It's in nice shape, never abused, and has been either in my home or at my church--both smoke-free--since I acquired it in Dec. '07. I'm only selling it because I recently acquired a Hot Rod Deluxe and no longer have a need (or the room at home) for the Blues. Jr. Will hate to see it go, since I put a lot of sweat into all those mods! Will come with a brand new set of TungSol 6V6's installed.

To summarize the mods that were done, here's the list:

• Tone stack optimization
  • "Twin" tone stack mod
  • Added adjustable power tube bias control
  • Installed audio taper volume pot
  • Installed audio taper reverb control
  • Installed metal Switchcraft input jack
  • Added aux. speaker jack
  • Added line out jack
  • Added standby switch
  • Added presence control
  • Upgraded to 22W Heyboer OT with 4/8 ohm switching
  • Octal tube conversion to run 6V6 power tubes
  • Connected the unused half of V2 as a cathode follower between preamp & tone stack; changed V2 to a 12DW7
  • Upgraded speaker to Eminence Cannabis Rex

Between all of these, I believe I calculated that I put another ~$300 into the amp above what I originally paid for it. There is a more detailed rundown on the mods along with photos posted here: http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php/14948 Additionally, you can read about many of the BillM mods on his website HERE--mouseover the "BillM Mods in Detail" entry on the menu bar to get the dropdown list of mods.

Bottom-line: $375 with the stock Eminence speaker or $425 with the Cannabis Rex speaker. Shipping cost extra, US and Canada destinations only. PayPal payment required. PM if interested.

This amp will blow away a stock Blues Junior, and those go for $530 these days....