Thread: So today this happened

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by helliott View Post
    Congratulations. You must be justifiably proud.
    Thanks fellers.

It's really humbling to be able to do this kind of work. As previously mentioned, this client has not seen her son in over a year as a result of her wife packing up and fleeing to another state, so we're hoping to rectify that soon.

But frankly that will raise another important legal issue which is not settled and could potentially result in a second appeal: it is our position that, just like in a traditional marriage (where a husband is presumed the father of his wife's children born during coverture, even if he is not the biological father), where 2 women marry and one has a child during the marriage, the non-childbearing woman is also legally the child's parent, even if she is not biologically "related" to the child. That was the intention of the spouses here, and we intend to do our best to ensure that that result obtains.

2. Likes player*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Really cool work, Brian! The progression of the world is a slow process, but it takes committed fighters like you to continue the effort.
    I'll stop here to avoid any political discussion.

4. Likes player*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Really cool work, Brian! The progression of the world is a slow process, but it takes committed fighters like you to continue the effort.
    I'll stop here to avoid any political discussion.

Thanks Tig. I know there are some folks who don't want the change I do. I don't want to debate them, because they've pretty much made up their minds, as have I. Only time tells which side is on the right side of history.

6. Likes player*** liked this post