Finally have a tube amp to play with! I tried a used Laney Cub 12r, but really didn't care for the sound, and still preferred my Vox vt30. I have really loved the Vox, which taught me that clean Fender tone is what I most like. I was also feeling that something with a 12" speaker would sound 'bigger', but there isn't anything in the Fender line of smaller amps that has a 12 (except a Super Champ head with the 1x12 cab, but I wanted a combo). By luck I found a listing on ebay for a Super Champ XD that had been moved into an old Princeton cab with a 12" Celestion (a budget model Rocket 50). It's a little funky - there is extra space on either side of the head, but I love the way it sounds at first play! A big step up from the trusty vt30, and I look forward to getting to know this amp better. So far I really love just the clean channel straight up. Given the fact that the next Fender tube amp up is the Blues Junior at twice the price, the SChamp is a pretty good deal. Thanks to all of you who recommended this amp to me in an earlier thread!