Quote Originally Posted by Katastrophe View Post
Oh man! The JTM45 is my favorite all time amph.... The price is great, too. It should go fast.
Especially if you buy it! C'mon, Kat--you know you want one of these bad boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
JTM 45s are great. I also had the Golden Lion KT66 in mine, but I believe the output transformer plays a very important role. Never heard of the above mentioned one, but I had an original Drake transformer in mine, which sounded tremendous compared to others.
Re: the transformers, here's the info from the BYOC product page:

The Transformers: We provide Classic Tone™ transformers from Magnetic Components. These aren't rebranded "custom productions" of unknown origin. These are paper layer wound to vintage specs, using vintage construction methods, and made in Chicago, USA by a company that has been winding iron since 1943.

Nothing cheap or second-rate about these trannies--this is top quality iron.

I went ahead and ordered the full chassis kit (i.e. everything but the cabinet, so you can still pick the color of your choice) to be able to get started on this amp build, since I'm certain I won't have any trouble selling it. The only question is where. If nobody snaps it up here or at another of the forums where I've posted the offer, I'm sure I can move it quickly on Reverb.com. So ask yourself--is this really an opportunity you want to have slip away? A true-to-the-original JTM45 clone for $850 plus shipping!?!

BTW, I was just looking on eBay and came across a very comparable JTM45 clone from Carl's Custom Amps, a well established & respected builder specializing in clones of classic vintage amp designs. He even uses the same Classic Tone trannies. Price? $1300 plus shipping. Save yourself $450 and get the same amp in your choice of cab color!

To add to the temptation, here are a couple of photos--a pic of the top side of an assembled chassis, and a shot of the 6 available head cab colors: