And no, I'm not speaking in riddles. It's what I'm calling the new partscaster I recently built. Circumstances forced me into this! Really!! Just consider:

1. I had a nice maple Squier CV neck lying around looking lonely after I swapped it out for a rosewood neck on my Humcaster.
  2. The STRATosphere was running a 15% off sale on bodies, and I found a really nice looking Squier CV '50's body in Fiesta Red, a color I've always loved but never owned. It even came with all the body hardware! Such a deal!!
  3. Poking around on Reverb.com, what did I chance upon but a loaded pickguard from a Squier Vintage Modified "Surfcaster" with Duncan-designed lipstick pickups. I'd been wanting to try a set of lipsticks in a Strat for a while. It was even pearloid, just how I like my p/g's! It was FATE!!

So with the stars thus aligned, I made the purchases and built my "Lipstick Fiesta." Here's the finished article:

These Strats practically build themselves--so easy to put one together! I love the looks, it plays like a dream, and what these low DC resistance lipstick pickups lack in power they make up for in jangle. Kinda fills out the treble end of my collection of Strats, which is now up to five. I love it when a plan comes together!!