Small place, dive really. But the owner treats us pretty well and the regulars like us... Friday night last...

My guitar partner and I both use and like the EH organ machine. Adds some spice to a two guitar four piece. We always test pre show and all was good. We start Band on the Run, where I use the EH C9 to emulate the little trilly things originally done on synth. Nothing there. Power to the board, fine, but hit the pedal, all quiet. Just a small part of the tune but it didn't sound legit without it.
Same set, black. Magic woman/ gypsy queen, where james plays the organ part on his E H. Same deal. Two pedals, fine preshow, both crap out same set. Sheesh

Second story. Playing my main strat (anniversary edition). Flip the pup selector from out of phase treble to neck. The wee plastic selector tip flies off ... I mean flies. Must have flicked harder than intended. I see it in the air and instinctively reach out and catch it. In my left hand. Then it's, oh crap, pick and tip and lede coming... So naturally I popped it into my mouth for safe keeping. I mean who wouldn't? That little cream tip hits the floor among all the boards, taped cable, cords and detritus, and it will never be found.

Then, of course, I nearly swallow it. Didn't though and stuck between my teeth for the rest of the song.

Didn't notice the lady at a nearby table had been watching the whole episode. At break, getting a beer, she sidles up and asks if all that was part of the show. Sheesh again.